Sunday, April 15, 2018

Fishtail Flag Tuck Spots



Hi everyone! A while ago I made those cute fishtail flag paperclips which everyone has seen by now. I love the fishtail shape and have seen these cute layered and overlapping junk journal tuck spots on Junk Journal Junkies, YouTube, and Pinterest although I can't give you any specific links. Anyway, I decided to try my hand at making some using designer papers as the base and then embellishing the heck out of them...'cuz that's what I do :) These will attach to the top of a page by either gluing or sewing the top of the flags to the page in the journal. That leaves the bottom free meaning I can tuck things under it and they will stay put.


I cut the flags using MFT Fishtail Flag Stax dies on pairs of coordinating papers. The flags were all cut at around 3.25 inches in length but the width varied depending upon which die I used. The edges of both flags were then inked with Coffee Archival Ink and one was adhered to the other one along the edge where they overlapped.


Bits of lace, scraps of vintage book paper, and elements from several TH ephemera packs were used to create the focal clusters bridging the two flags.


Buttons, tiny crocheted doilies, die cut tickets, and punched stars, hearts, and butterflies found their way onto these tuck spots. Even a rusty safety pin was used as a butterfly body.


Coffee dyed mulberry flowers, long neglected brads, and part of a paper doily helped the layers become interesting and add dimension.



Tim Holtz Chit Chat and Big Chat stickers also came into play to add a single word on some of the clusters. These were a lot of fun to play with and a great way to use up scraps and left overs. You certainly wouldn't need to use the dies. A simple template could be cut from cardstock to give you the fishtail shape and keep them uniform if that's a look you like.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm so glad you did. I hope that if you make some of these tuck spots, that you'll tag me so I can see what you have done. I can never get too much inspiration :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie


1 comment:

MS6184 said...

These are really beautiful. I am going to try to make something like this, but doubt they will be as stunning as yours. Thanks for sharing!!🤗